Friday, January 4, 2008

GMAT Challenges

It is difficult to study, if you are taking a competitive exam like GMAT for the first time and that you have not taken any serious exams in the past 13 years.

It is difficult to study. Very difficult, if you have a wife and two kids, each of them eagerly looking for each and every moment of your spare time to be with you, talk with you and shower you with affection.

It is difficult to study, if you have a demanding job that requires you to always be on the edge and perform lots of travel.


Well, I have all the above reasons that wanted to discourage me from preparing for GMAT. But, luckily for me, I was able to squeeze in 2 to 3 hours a day on regular basis for the past 6 months to prepare for my GMAT. It took 6 months for me to crack the GMAT. I would have spent at least 50% of the 6 months for actual study. The rest was consumed by my official deliverables and travel. My study hours was early morning 3 AM to 6 AM whenever I was at home.

No comments: